Karin has been a Certified Massage Therapist for 16 years. She received an Infant Massage Instructor and Pediatric Massage Therapist Certification through the Liddle Kidz Foundation, which is an international organization dedicated to teaching pediatric massage techniques world-wide.
What is different about a Pediatric Massage?
Pediatric Massage is a very gentle nurturing massage for children of all ages. It is done by a Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist, CPMT, who is trained to adjust each massage session sensitively, and respectfully around the specific needs of the child. It is built on good communication, trust, and working together with the parent or caregiver.
Pediatric Massage has many benefits:
– Reduction of stress, tension, and pain.
– Assists with the recovery from injury, such as: sprained ankles for runners; dislocated shoulders for football players; painful dancers feet; and any other repetitive use of muscles for musicians or video game players.
– Decompresses stress from pressures at school, helps with posture, and can be centering/grounding.
– Help alleviate migraines, depression, anxiety, and generally help support you through emotionally difficult times.
– Reduce issues that cause sleep disorders, and digestion problems.
– Helps with bonding between child and caregiver.
If you have ever touched the shoulders of a school aged child you will notice how much tension they carry in their shoulders. This is due to heavy backpacks, stress from learning processes, and social interactions. Adults are not the only ones in our society who are stressed out. A gentle, safe, and nurturing, massage helps raises endorphins levels, which help to fight pain and increases positive moods. It decreases the levels of epinephrine, and cortisol in your system, which reduces stress and strengthens the immune system.
For more detailed information please watch the Founder of Liddle Kidz, Tina Allen’s, pediatric massage video:
Pediatric Massage can be also helpful for children with the following diagnosis:
– A.D.H.D., Aggression, Asthma, Autism, Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Concussion, Dermatitis,
Diabetes, Down Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Growing Pains (Osgood-Schlatter disease and Server’s Disease), Hearing loss, HIV, Juvenile Arthritis, Migraine, Muscular Dystrophy, Orthopedic Injury, Pediatric GERD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Terminal Illness, and Palliative Care. For more info please visit the diagnosis and research web-page in this site.
Pediatric Massage can be also helpful for children with special needs, in foster care, adopted, or in an orphanage. Please visit my donate to kids web-page, to help support an orphan today.
For more info please watch Tina Allen’s video on pediatric massage for kids with Juvenile Arthritis: